Here at Tufferman, we know how important it is for a business to have the right people, infrastructure, capacity, and space to expand - literally. As market leaders in shelving and storage solutions, we want to ensure that our young people have as much capacity for growth as the businesses we support.
Developing the entrepreneurs of tomorrow is important to enhance the UK’s economy and place on the global stage. If we’re going to inspire future business leaders, we need to give them the skills, support, and resources they need to be extraordinary.
That’s why we're proud to announce the Tufferman Business Scholarship Program. With over 600,000 new businesses created in the UK in 2015 alone, we believe there’s never been a better time to start a new enterprise. Business innovation is on the rise - the UK is recognised as a global leader in technology, creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We want to grow the skills of the business leaders of tomorrow.
Calling all UK and US students Studying in the UK
The Tufferman Business Scholarship Program is available to UK residents and US citizens studying at a recognised higher learning institute in the United Kingdom. It’s designed for all students who are studying full - or part-time at an undergraduate or postgraduate level towards a degree in a business-related field.
The scholarship award will help with the financial costs of education for any degree course that teaches the skills needed to launch and run a successful business.
The Value of the Tufferman Scholarship Award
The scholarship will award 10 awards of £500 each that a student can use towards their educational costs to advance their studies. Awards will be granted based on the merits and application of individual students, as judged by us.
Applying for the Tufferman Scholarship
The application process is simple and straightforward, but we do expect and require a strong demonstration of business, learning, and innovation acumen. If you want to be considered, please provide the following:
- A copy of the letter of acceptance from your university or college.
- An 800-word essay discussing the way in which our scholarship could help you work toward or develop your entrepreneurial idea.
- Information about the degree you are studying for.
- Your contact details.
- Please send this information to: Tufferman Business Scholarship, Unit 6a Galleywood Industrial Estate, Rignals Lane, Chelmsford, Essex. CM2 8RF.
About Your Essay
There is no set format for the essay. Instead, we would like you to clearly explain your thinking about business, how you would approach it as an entrepreneur, why you are deserving of the scholarship, and how you would use the funding.
We will read and consider all essays and reserve the right to publish your essay on our website.
How We Will Assess Scholarship Applicants
We will carefully read, review, and assess every application based on the following criteria:
- Your academic eligibility - your level of study (undergraduate or postgraduate) and the degree you are studying.
- Ability to demonstrate a powerful entrepreneurial passion - inspire us with your ideas and thoughts.
- Discussion skills and insight - tell us what you think it takes to succeed as an entrepreneur.
- How you will use the money - the benefits you would get from the financial support provided by the scholarship.
Scholarship Qualifying Criteria
Here are the criteria you need to meet to be considered:
- You have secured a place in an undergraduate or postgraduate program for the current or upcoming academic year.
- You are studying part- or full-time at a recognized college, university, or higher learning institute in the UK that provides degree courses and qualifications.
- You should demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach and attitude, together with leadership skills.
- You should provide clear statement of the need for additional financial support and what you will do with the money.
- You can check if your academic institution is recognised here.
Applications for the 2018-2019 scholarship must be submitted before 1st August 2018.
Award Date of Scholarships
The scholarships will be announced and awarded to successful applicants by 30th September 2018.
Further Information about the Scholarship
For further details please contact us on +44 (0)203 764 9380.
It’s our first year running the scheme, your name could be here soon!